Information Box Group
Our Mission Statement
Developing a safe and secure environment in this academic institution is the responsibility of the entire community. The primary responsibility for the protection of persons and property within the McMaster community is assigned to the Security Services Department.
Methods and approaches to assist in achieving a safe and secure environment are developed through prevention programs and law enforcement in concert with the community.
The department exists for one main purpose and that is to support the goals of the higher education community. It exists to assist those who seek and those who impart knowledge, as well as those who provide support to the mission of the institution. The Security Services Department endeavours to preserve and maintain an environment where diverse social, cultural and academic values are allowed to develop and prosper.
All members of the Department are expected to actively participate in the achievement of our goals and in the services of the University. It is only through the collective efforts of the community that the mission will be accomplished.
Our three Priorities:
- Preventing Violence and Violence Against Women on Campus and from Sexual Violence
- Available supports can be found here or through the Equity and Inclusion Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office or by contacting Hagar Akua Prah at Equity and Inclusion
- McMaster University Sexual Violence Policy is available here
- Safety strategies can be located through EOHSS Working Alone Policy Working Alone Policy RMM 304 and the McMaster University Safety App Friend Walk. Get the Safety App here
- Providing Mental Health and wellness support to our students, faculty and staff
- McMaster Security Services and MSU Bike Auction/Lost &Found Sale Monday September 18,2023 10am-2pmEast side of the MUSC (Student Center) CASH ONLY
- COVID 19 Update – New and replacement cards will now be available by email only. If you require a card or have another inquiry in regards to card and/ or door access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information available here.
- COVID 19 Update – Lost and Found Services have been suspended until further notice.
- Update – Parking Services has moved to T32 Room 106.
- McMaster Security Services has launched a new mobile app that provides both important safety alerts and access to campus safety resources.
- The Provost’s message on Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence
- McMaster University Safety App is now available